Rapid7 InsightVM is a Security input connector. Connect to your Rapid7 instance to start collecting vulnerability data. Create a Rapid7 service user before connecting.
You might need to add the Monad IP range of
22.214.171.124/32 to your Rapid7 InsightVM allowlist, so Monad can connect to it.
Set up a service user
To connect Rapid7 InsightVM to your Monad instance, provide the website and port, and a username and password. You should create a service user for this purpose.
To create a service user in Rapid7:
- Log in to your Rapid7 InsightVM Security Console as an administrator.
- In the left-navigation, click Administration (list of three bullet points) at the bottom of the nav bar.
- In the Users panel, click Create.
- On the User configuration screen that appears, give the service user a name. Include “Monad” and “service” in that name. Save this to your secrets manager.
- Enter an email address and password for the user, and write these down for later along with the username.
- Select Account enabled, and make sure Require password reset upon login is deselected.
- Click the Roles tab in the left navigation of the user creation dialog.
- Select the
Userrole, and make sure the items in the following sections are checked:
- Global Permissions:
Appear on Ticket and Report Lists
- Site Permissions:
View Site Asset Data
- Asset GROUP Permissions:
View Group Asset Data
- Report Permissions:
- Platform Permissions:
Remediation Projects and Goals & SLAs
- Vulnerability Investigation Permissions:
View Vulnerability Investigations
- Global Permissions:
- Click Save in the top right corner of the screen.
Connect the Rapid7 InsightVM connector
Next, create the connector in Monad.
- From your Monad Map screen, click Add Connector.
- Select the Rapid7 InsightVM connector.
- Optionally, change the default name for the connector. This name serves as a label for the connector in the Monad app, and you can change it later.
- Enter the username and password for the service user you just created.
- Enter the URL for your Rapid7 InsightVM instance. (e.g.
- (Optional) - set your connector schedule
- Click Connect.
That’s it! Monad tests the connection to Rapid7, and if successful, begins syncing data from Rapid7 into your Monad account.
This page was last modified: 9 Oct 2023