Slack is a Communication output connector. Connect to your Slack account to get notifications about your connector Syncs.
You might need to add the Monad IP range of
220.127.116.11/32 to your Slack allowlist, so Monad can connect to it.
By integrating with Slack, you can receive notifications through your Slack webhook, informing you about your connector syncs. This will allow you to keep tabs on your Monad integration without having to monitor the monad UI.
Set up a Slack webhook
- Navigate to Slack app management and click “Create New App” in the top right.
- Click the option “From an app manifest”. You may optionally configure these values from scratch.
- Paste in the following app manifest below, making sure to select the YAML tab. You may change the name of the app for both the display_information and the bot_user.
display_information: name: Monad Notification App features: bot_user: display_name: Monad Notification App always_online: false oauth_config: scopes: bot: - incoming-webhook settings: org_deploy_enabled: false socket_mode_enabled: false token_rotation_enabled: false
- Click “Next”, then “Create”.
- Click “Install to Workspace”, and select a channel to install it to.
- Near the bottom of the page, you may optionally add an image that the bot will use inside of Slack.
- Expand “Add features and functionality” and select “Incoming Webhooks”. In that section near the bottom, there will be a Webhook URL.
- Copy the Webhook URL for use in setting up the Monad UI.
WARNING: The webhook URL should be kept secret and stored in a secure location (such as a password vault).
Set up a Slack connector
To set up a Slack connector, you need the Webhook URL of the desired slack organization.
To set up the connector:
- Log in to your Monad account, and click Add connector.
- Select the Slack connector.
- Optionally, change the default name for the connector. This name serves as a label for the connector in the Monad app, and you can change it later.
- Select all the communication types you wish to receive from monad. See below for examples of each communication type.
- Enter the Slack Webhook.
- Click Connect.
That’s it! Monad tests the connection to Slack, and if successful, notifications will be sent to the selected Slack channel. You may manually sync the connector to test if the credentials are still valid.
This page was last modified: 27 Oct 2023